- Lake Plan
FOLM is leveraging funding from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR), the Friends of Lake Mohawksin (FOLM) has developed, and is implementing, a forward looking comprehensive lake management plan.To develop this plan we collected:
• Baseline data on the Lake Mohawksin ecosystem.
• Detailed information on invasive species in the lake (primarily
Eurasian Water Milfoil and Curly Leaf Pondweed as well as Purple Loosestrife).
• Stakeholders views on their use of the lake, opinions on the past and present condition of the Mohawksin and how it should be managed.
Based on all the inputs, a 10 year implementation plan was proposed and accepted by WDNR. We are currently taking action on key elements of this plan.
2021 Final Comprehensive Lake Management Plan Dec 29 2021
Plan with Summary and Conclusions
- 2022 Lake Surface Water Education Grant
- 2023 Clean Boats Clean Water Initiative
Article Release – Locally Supported CBCW